“Marleen’s program has given me better posture and more flexibility and has greatly improved my other workouts and even my overall wellbeing and health.”
"Marleen has helped me deepen my awareness of my body and alignment in a profound way. Has helped me banish persistent back pain and improve my core strength, posture, flexibility, and confidence.”
What is Pilates?
Pilates is a method of training designed to engage the mind and condition the total body. With over 500 exercises it combines both strength and flexibility to reduce stress and produce longer leaner muscles with the end goal being better overall posture.
Pilates keen focus on posture ensures we concentrate on strengthening the core - we refer to the core as the abs, pelvic girdle and back.
For decades, it's been the exercise of choice for dancers and gymnasts (and now footballers, elite athletes and Hollywood actors), but it was originally used to rehabilitate bedridden or immobile patients during World War I.
What are the benefits of Pilates?
1. Improve strength, flexibility and balance.
2. Tone and build long lean muscles.
3. Challenge and develop deep abdominal muscles.
4. Challenge your functional movement, to create new habits
that prevent injury.
5. Reduce stress, tension and pain.
6. Boost energy levels.
7. Offer relief from back pain and joint tension.
8. Offer an alternative to weight training and HIIT that
helps minimise injury.
9. Realigns the body to result in better posture.
10. Improve the way your body looks and feels and how
you feel about it!